Thursday, March 5, 2009

Media Angst Thoughts For the Day

Now that the media has finally owned up to the fact that our country is in a recession, I'm getting tired of one other word... "tip". Everyone has a tip! Here are a few examples that you may find within a half hour news or talk show:

Tips on how to be more green
Tips on how to be healthy
Tips on how to lose weight

Here is a tip... you too can generate more tips so you can become obsessive compulsive about this tip until you find another tip that may be an even better tip then the last failed tip.

Tip This!! Tip Off!! I've lost my tips!!

Another annoying word is "real". When did real really become not real? I mean reality shows are unreal. What about the phrase "real women"? When were women not real? I feel real. My thoughts may get lost at times, but not when my hips accidentally bang into something I most certainly cry out in real pain.

No comments: